The new revolutionary tool (glove) that deep clean the make up brushes, it is especially designed to deep clean face and eye makeup, and also shape it. It is very important to deep clean the make up brushes every now and then (and depending how how often you use them) and this glove is supposed to help alot, plus it will protect your hand from getting dry and irritated, and instead of using your hand the glove will protect it.
The glove comes in 4 different colors (black, blue, pink and purple) and has two sides (for one face brushes and the other side is for eye brushes). Each side is designed to clean, rinse, refine and shape them. It is very easy to use it because those words are written on the glove so you will know which area to use for what exactly.
The glove is sold for $39 and you can order it online from www.sigmabeauty.com (they ship worldwide).
Now i will write about my thoughts and experience about it.
I have chosen the pink color because simply i love pink, all colors are so pretty but in my opinion black looks pretty basic and nothing fancy about it at all, if you like black it is up to you, but i like adding fun and color to my stuff.
The glove has a microfiber inner glove in white that will help to protect your hands, it is very soft and it does protect the hand from the glove. The main idea of this Brush Spa beside giving us an easy way to deep clean the brushes is to protect the hand from all the water, brush cleansing products and the constant brushing and swirling of the brush. The hands does get irritated and dry if you keep doing this for a long time, if you have alot of brushes to clean you will know exactly what i am talking about.
Unfortunately once i took the inner glove out i noticed that it is damaged from one side, i was really upset about it but i cooled myself down because it is easy to sew up back, so i guess it is a minor problem to worry about.
Now the cleaning will begin!! I have used MAC brush cleanser , Johnsson baby shampoo and Bobbi Brown Conditioning Brush Cleanser which i mostly prefer, i find it a bit harder (and takes longer time) to clean my brushes using MAC’s brush cleanser. In those photos i have used Boobi Brown’s Conditioning Brush Cleanser, i added water to the gel and mixed it well.
Now as you can see there are two sides of the glove, the first photo is the eye side and the second is the face side, in addition i will show you one face brush which is used for liquid foundation (and by the way this is probably the hardest brush to clean among the others) and the other brush is an eye blending brush.
First i will show you the eye side and how i cleaned the brush, i first put the glove under running water and dip the brush in the cleansing solution, then i start cleaning the brush on the CLEAN area by swirling i around and going back and forth, you can see the foam from the cleaning.
The second step is by taking the brush to the RINSE area and run the brush under water and going back and forth, this area will clean the brush from the cleansing product/foam.
After finishing from the RINSE area i take the brush to the REFINE area, most of the time there will be some extra cleansing product left in the brush so i swirl the brush around or go back and forth, you will see some foam is developing.
In case the brush isnt clean yet you can go back to the CLEAN step and do everything all over again until you make sure the brush is clean.
The last step is to shape the brush, this is the fun part in the glove, the SHAPE part comes between the fingers and it does take out almost all the excess water in addition to shaping it.
Now here are some photos when i cleaned the foundation brush, first you will see how dirty it is even in the first pic no foam was developed, only the liquid foundation was there, it was very difficult for me to clean it, i have to repeat all steps over and over until i get it cleaned.
Now there are downsides of this gloves which are:
- The glove doesnt %100 clean the brushes, especially foundation, concealer brushes.
- The foundation stains the glove (photo below)
- It was a bit difficult to use the glove on one hand, the palm side was easy but the back one wasnt. I am a left handed person so i wear the glove on my right, the eye side will be on the palm and the face on the back, for such big face brushes they were very difficult to clean on the back of my hands, probably right handed people will be easier for them since they will wear the glove on their left and the face side will be the palm side.
- Even though the glove is meant to clean the brush better and faster but it doesnt, i took almost same if not more time than my usual time to clean the brushes. I was exhausted by the time i was done and mostly the physical part came when i was cleaning brushes that i used liquids on like foundation, corrector, concealer, cream eyeshadows and blushes. The brushes i used powder with were quick and easy to clean.
- The glove was a bit big for my hand so i have to keep on placing it properly back every now and then.
So did it help me deep clean my brushes?
It was definitely fun to wash my brushes, it did protect my hands from getting dry and irritated, it cleaned the brushes i used for powder stuff really quickly but it didnt work its magic on the brushes used for cream/liquids.