Wanted to show you what is my current favorite foundation routine, this is for an everyday normal look, i dont normally go heavy except for special occasions which i need more coverage.
Those are the products that i use for my foundation routine and in steps:
1. Apply Hourglass Veil primer, i love this one it doesnt feel thick and makes my skin smooth and preps it for foundation application.
2. Marc Jacobs foundation, what i love about it that it is sheer, it has a satin finish but goes a bit matte which is suitable for oily skin.
3. For concealer i apply MAC ProLongwear on my undereye area, blend it very well, this is a great product and will work great for people with serious dark areas. I sometimes alternate with NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in shade Biscuit, this shade is on the peach side which i like to use when i dont sleep well and that what causes more darkness on my undereye area.
4. I like to highlight my under eye area after applying concealer which i use MAC Prep+Prime Highlight in Light Boost, again this is a great product, comes in shades but Light Boost is perfect, it is a light yellow shades which gives a natural light, can be used on any area on the face to highlight.
5. For concealing any blemishes and imperfections on my skin i use MAC Studio Fix concealer directly on the spots, it gives enough coverage to conceal them.
6. Finally i powder my whole face and the undereye area with NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder, it blurs imperfections and doesnt show pores, plus it gives a glow to the skin, it has a bit of a shimmer but in a good way, i love this product it makes my skin look really nice and glowy.
If you are curious those are the brushes that i use to apply all those products (pic not included):
– For foundation i use Sigma F80, or Sigma F82, or Sigma F84, all of them are perfect for applying foundations.
– For under eye concealer/highlight i use Sigma F86, i love the pointy shape which makes it easy to blend under the eyes.
– For concealing blemishes i use Sigma P80, or Sigma P82, those work like the foundation brushes which pack products and blend in a nice way but i always prefer to go back with my foundation brush and dab on the concealed area.
– For powdering my under eye area i prefer using Sigma F35 which is a small tapered brush, and for my face i use Sigma F25 which is a big tapered brush.