My addiction to lashes started last year, i wasn’t very good in applying them at first, i struggled alot and it tool me alot of time (and mess!) to master it.
I know alot of girls are facing the same problem but let me give you some very helpful trick in applying false lashes:
– First of all you wont be able to wear lashes properly without practicing, buy some cheap lashes and practice at home (every day if you have to).
– second measure the lashes before applying, some are very long and need cutting from the outer sides (never cut the insides), if you apply them without properly matching your eyes you wony be able to fix them properly.
– Use a tweezer to help you apply the lashes, if you prefer your fingers then it is ok.
– Look down while putting on the lashes, put a mirror down, it is alot easier this way.
– Use a good adhesive, DUO is the best so far,can be found at MAC, Makeup Forver and Inglot stores. Put a small amount of adhesive and wait for amount 20-30 seconds before applying them, it will be less messier when the adhesive is goopy.
– Wait a bit after applying false lashes until the adhesive dries, apply a bit of mascara on your real lashes only, this will lift the lashes up and open the eyes.
Final tip: dont throw away your lashes once you use them, just clean them afterwards with makeup remover and pull out the adhesive, store them back in their original box or get one of those cute lash storages, can be found online or at Daiso stores.
I got inspired by a video tutorial to create this “no-makeup” makeup look with the products that i already have, without buying anything new. The main key of this look is to have a foundation that looks like a real skin, without looking cakey or settling in lines, and MAC Face and Body foundation is the perfect foundation, it is lightweight, water and swear proof, by having just one layer will give an absolute natural look as if nothing is applied but it smooths the skin and gives it radiance. MAC Face and Body foundation is a PRO product but can be found at regular MAC stores in smaller bottles.
Now those are my products that i use to create the “no-makeup” makeup look in this order:
– Apply a good primer and my favorite for oily/combination skin is Smashbox PhotoFinish Light.- Apply one coat of MAC Face and Body foundation and blend well.|
– Contour by using a cream bronzer by Chanel, i prefer using a MAC 130 brush.
– Apply cream blush using a MAC 130 brush, in the picture is a cream blush wheel by Ben Nye, beautiful and bright colors and they are not greasy.
– I use MAC Strobe liquid lotion to highlight my cheekbones, it give a natural healthy looking glow to the skin.
– Pwder T-zone only with a translucent powder (Makeup Forever HD Powder), and lightely dust whatever is left on the brush on all over face.
– Apply lightweight concealer and the one i use is MAC Moisturecover, powder the area with Laura Mercier Secret Brightening powder, it is perfect to set the undereye concealer.
– Do the eyebrows using a brow pencil from Tom Ford, and apply brow gel from Illamasqua.
– I curl my eyelashes only without adding any mascara, kohl or eyeshadow.
– I apply a lightly tinted lipbalm or lightly dabbing a bright non shimmery color lipstick in the center of my lips (Max Factor Bewitched Coral 827) then apply a sheer nude moisturizing lipstick on top (Too Faced In The Buff).
I have been watching all those endless hair style photos wondering how to create a perfect high bun at home, the photos seem very simple and effortless but i dont want to go to the salon to do such a simple thing! It’s like i’m still wondering how to straighten my hair and not knowing yet about hair straighteners.
Once i discovered how to do it i thought to myself how on earth i didnt know about it before!! it is so simple and only takes 3 minutes to create such perfect bun!
All you need is a mesh “donut” bun maker (you can also use a sock, a tutorial will show you how to make one), bobby pins (as much as you need) and elastic,rubber bands.
Those mesh donut buns are available at many stores but i have seen different sizes and colors available at Madi International in Abu Dhabi.